Active Citizens Partners Recruitment 2019-2020 is now open!
We are looking for Morocco-based organisations to become Active Citizens delivery partners. The successful organisations will be responsible for project managing and steering the Active Citizens programme in their community. The community may be geographically, project, practice or interest based..
If you want to make changes in your community, find out more about the Active Citizens programme on our website and social media sites:
What is Active Citizens?
Active Citizens is a social leadership training programme that promotes intercultural dialogue and community-led social development. Through the programme, we bring together people with different beliefs and perspectives to learn from and share with each other. Working with our partners around the globe, we train participants in the skills and knowledge needed to affect social change in their communities. Active Citizens connects thousands of like-minded people around the world who collectively want to make a fairer and more inclusive society.
How Active Citizens works
We work with partner organisations around the world to deliver and develop the Active Citizens programme. Delivery partners identify facilitators and we train them in the skills they need to deliver the Active Citizens training to others.
Following their training, they use the Active Citizens toolkit to design and deliver the training programme to participants in their local communities around the world.
Participants receive the tools and the support they need to set up or adapt the way they run their own Social Action Projects to tackle a social issue within their community.
Communities are connected globally through international opportunities to share learning and ideas as well as through the website and social media.
Who can apply?
We welcome and encourage applications from all sectors, including civil society, education, gender, arts, and social entrepreneurship. The Active Citizens programme is flexible and we work with our partners, adapting content to address the specific challenges they face. In the past, we have worked with a diverse range of partners from civil society organisations dispersed across different regions of Morocco.
Applications are open to civil society organisations and universities in addition to other sectors, but not to individuals. To be eligible to apply as a delivery partner for the programme Active Citizens cycle 2019-20, organisations must fulfil the following criteria:
- be a registered organisation based in Morocco working with communities at local, regional, national and/or international levels.
- have experience in developing community-based projects and social change initiatives.
- have no conflict of interest relating to their involvement with other grant organisations.
- guarantee the full commitment of a project coordinator, facilitators and participants.
- be able to seed funds for the implementation of social initiatives or Social Action Projects.
- accept the requirements in relation to copyrights and branding visibility of British Council.
- have a good reporting mechanism in English to submit monthly/quarterly narrative reports, complete assessment forms, and report on budget implementation.
Partner organisations are also expected to:
- have a strong influence on cultural relations at community level with staff who are powerful advocates for social justice.
- reflect the culture and interests of the community and are effective leaders and organisers within the community. They can, for example, include youth groups, arts groups, trade unions, religious groups or local authorities.
- lead on the design and delivery of the Active Citizens programme and coordinate the involvement of facilitators, participants, and other organisations and networks.
- follow up and monitor the performance of the programme coordinator, facilitators and participants.· show full commitment throughout the programme life cycle.
How to Apply?
Please submit the Application Form enclosed to firstname.lastname@example.org by the response deadline Monday 3 June 2019.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted!