Team Leader/Senior Expert: Vocational Training System Reform
The British Council is seeking a Team Leader/Senior Expert for a Vocational Education Training (VET) opportunity in Morocco, with the overall objective of supporting the reform of the VET system in its ambition to promote the development of human capital for sustainable, inclusive, participatory growth.
|Durée||1 April 2017 - 31 March 2020 (TBC)|
|Date limite du dépôt des dossiers||Dimanche 22 Janvier 2017|
The project “Kafaat Liljamia - Development of a quality, modern, labour market driven by an inclusive VET system in Morocco” will be granted to the British Council in partnership with the Spanish International Development Agency (AECID) through a delegation agreement for implementation to the value of €2.4 million over three years.
It has the overall objective of supporting the reform of the Vocational Education Training (VET) system in its ambition to promote the development of human capital for sustainable, inclusive, participatory growth.
This action will contribute to specific objectives of developing a wider and more inclusive training offer and implementing more integrated governance and enhanced coordination between all stakeholders involved, by focusing on both regional and local level. It will align with the recently adopted Morocco National VET Strategy and build on the Governance for Employability in the Mediterranean (GEMM) project. The programme’s overall objective is to improve the model of regional VET governance so that it ensures the provision of high quality VET, relevant to the needs of the labour market and inclusive for all groups of society, in Tangier-Tetouan-El Hoceima and another selected region.
The Team Leader/Senior VET Governance expert will serve as the project’s representative and key point of technical contact for the British Council, AECID, the EU Delegation in Morocco and other relevant stakeholders. The main duties will include:
a) providing overall strategic guidance, policy guidelines, technical inputs and assessing project progress in line with Description of Action (DoA)
b) leading the preparation and implementation of an inception phase work plan
c) ensuring the project activities are delivered according to the agreed DoA and the inception report
d) developing, monitoring, reviewing and updating the logical framework in consultation with the Technical Advisers
e) leading the Tangier-based project team, overseeing the recruitment and performance management of short-term consultants/experts, technical management of the Regional Coordinator and providing guidance and support to the Grant Manager on the grant scheme
f) leading the preparation, implementation and reporting (both technical and financial) of all programme activities as foreseen in the DoA, annual work plans and reporting to the Project Board
g) developing, maintaining and regularly updating a project risk management strategy
h) continuous liaison and engagement with key project stakeholders including national and local government, beneficiary institutions, non-state actors and international development partners
i) chairing the Local Project Steering Committee.
The Team Leader will be managed and accountable to the British Council’s Project Director. He/she will in principle be based in Tangier (with a level of flexibility) for the duration of the project, with associated travel required to Rabat and other regions.
A total of 560 working days have been allocated for this position to be delivered over a period of 3 years and the consultant shall be paid on a daily rate commensurate to experience and salary history.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- University degree in a relevant subject (political science, business administration, economics, education etc.)
- Over 10 years’ experience of working in the education sector with preference given to working in TVET, particularly in the areas of governance, labour market information (LMI) analysis and private public sector collaboration and development
- Over 5 years’ experience of working on donor funded projects and proven project management skills
- Strong experience in VET governance at national/regional/local levels
- Management and leadership experience and ability to line manage a team of professional colleagues and consultants
- Excellent analytical ability and report writing skills (technical and financial reports)
- High level of autonomy and flexibility
- Excellent command of written and spoken French and English
- Computer literacy
- Previous experience as Team Leader in a TVET related project
- Experience in Morocco or in countries with a similar context
- Experience in designing/advising on grants schemes
- Experience in building and managing relationships with key stakeholders at different levels
- Experience in LMI analysis
- Arabic language skills
How to apply
If you are interested, please send your CV tailored to the above requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title 'Team Leader Morocco'.
Please note we can only respond to shortlisted applicants and only within five working days of the application deadline.