Teacher of English
The British Council in Morocco is recruiting one or two locally engaged teachers for our teaching centre in Rabat.
|Salary||Gross local monthly salary (paid into Moroccan bank account) in the range of 12,808 Moroccan dirhams and 14,688 Moroccan dirhams paid in 12 monthly instalments.|
|Duration||One year fixed term contract|
|Working hours||186 teaching days per annum|
|Closing date||Tuesday 05 December 2017|
The appointed teachers will be responsible for:
- Ensuring teaching meets learner needs and expectations
- Ensuring teaching meets Teaching Quality Standards and organisational expectations
- Maintaining good relationships with customers and colleagues
- Supporting the teaching centre’s activities and British Council plans
- Ensuring Child Protection policy and practice is embedded in all aspects of your professional activities.
- promote and safeguard the welfare of children, young and vulnerable people that you are responsible for or come into contact with.
Applicants must have first Degree or equivalent Cambridge CELTA/Trinity cert TESOL (or other certificate level qualification that meets the requirements set out at http://www.britishcouncil.org/accreditation-teachers-qualifications-guidance.htm)
Full mastery of English across all 4 skills equivalent to user (CEFR C2) IELTS Band 9 in each of 4 sections of the academic module. Up-to-date proof of language proficiency will be requested as part of the applications process.
In addition to, 2 years post-certificate i.e. CELTA/Trinity cert TESOL experience / other recognized qualification
Experience in teaching relevant age groups specific to the centre
- § Young learners aged 6 to 10 (400+ hours)
- § Young learners aged 11 to 13 (400+ hours)
- § Young learners aged 14 to 17 (400+ hours)
- § Adults General English 18+ (400+ hours)
How to apply
For those who are interested, please send your application form to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview