If you’re looking to start a career as an English teacher, getting your CELTA qualification with the British Council is a great place to start.
CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) is an initial qualification for people with little or no previous teaching experience and is one of the most widely taken qualifications of its kind. It is recognised around the world and is a requirement for any teachers looking to work with quality language teaching institutions such as the British Council.
Take a CELTA course with the world's English experts and you will:
- be taught in small classes to allow focused training
- be taught by outstanding teaching practitioners who incorporate the most respected and up-to-date teaching methodologies
- have the unique opportunity to learn within British Council centres which can serve as a recruiting platform for outstanding candidates
- benefit from taking part in teaching practice and observe teachers in action at the British Council
- get the opportunity to practice and learn to teach by teaching.
What's more, you will be kept up to date with the progress you are making. There is no final written exam but you’ll be assessed on planning and teaching, ability to transfer what you learn to the classroom, awareness of the strengths and weaknesses of your teaching, contribution to input and feedback sessions.