Globally connected, locally engaged
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
Actions speak louder than words, and the Active Citizens programme gives participants the confidence to stand up, be heard and make a difference in their communities.
The goal of the programme is to bring people together to improve the sustainability of communities internationally.
Active Citizens in Morocco have connected with other Active Citizens around the world, meeting them in person, sharing ideas and developing initiatives that have a positive impact on their local area.
A strong group of leaders are effecting change in Moroccan communities and working with other Active Citizens around the world to address issues of the 21st century.
"The main thing I’ve learnt through Active Citizenship is that it doesn’t matter who you are or where you’re from – if we work together, regardless of capabilities, changes can be made." Shaziya Butt, 21, from the UK
Learn more about the programme and be inspired by the achievements of other Active Citizens on the British Council website.
ACTIVE CITIZENS IN MOROCCO
With the support of our partners, our Active Citizens have delivered Social Action Projects (SAPs) across Morocco's targeted at developing:
• Women empowerment at social, political, economic and cultural level
• Women victims of violence
• Reforms of the Family Code
• Literacy for women and girls
• Youth and Culture
PARTNERS IN MOROCCO
We are proud to be working with a number of local partners and governmental organisations in Morocco that vary in reach and experience.
- New Bridges Association (NBA)
- Association de reduction des risques de drogues (RdR)
Active Citizens is aimed at people who are socially responsible, influential and engaged at a local community level, so it has been perfect for youth workers, teachers, community development professionals, faith leaders and volunteers.
This programme enhances leadership and project-management skills, and gives participants personal confidence to succeed in all aspects of their lives.
• Improves their community through sustainable initiatives
• Develops a strong sense of their own culture and identity
• Increases their knowledge and understanding of their local community
• Connects with like-minded people around the world.
Read about the positive experiences of other Active Citizens on the British Council website.