the Regional Coordinator is responsible for the development and implementation of all necessary activities leading to the achievement of expected results in Tangier Tetouan El houceima region in compliance with British Council process and contract signed with the EU.
|Closing date||Friday 23 November 2018|
- About us
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
British Council Morocco operates in Rabat, Casablanca and Tangier and we employ approximately 150 staff. Our activities are broad based, including a growing Exams business, and a sizeable portfolio of grant, partnership and externally funded English, Education, Arts and Society programmes and projects.
Funded by the EU and delivered by the British Council with UK and French government partners, SRII aims to strengthen young people’s resilience – their ability to “survive and thrive” whatever pressures and hazards they confront. It will be implemented over three years (2018-2021) in five countries in the Middle East and North Africa. The programme:
- Engages young people in at-risk areas through activities that interest them, such as Active Citizens, sports, education, local governance, culture and social enterprise.
Helps young people to identify local issues and trains them to develop the networks and skills to respond
Mentors young people as they apply their skills to design and deliver social initiatives to enhance community life
Trains CSOs to better communicate their work to young people and develop initiatives that create opportunities to engage local youth
Supports young people and CSOs to communicate their experiences to their local community and beyond.
Under the supervision of the Programme lead in Morocco and with the support of Project officers based in Tangiers, the Regional Coordinator is responsible for the development and implementation of all necessary activities leading to the achievement of expected results in Tangier Tetouan El houceima region in compliance with British Council process and contract signed with the EU.
Project co-ordination & delivery
- Support in the management, delivery and quality assurance of the delivery of SRII products, initiatives and activities in line with agreed contract and project plans, policies and standards.
Meet agreed British Council compliance and reporting standards including Management Control Checks and adherence to Centre of Excellence standards.
Encourage an understanding of and sensitivity to youth development and youth vulnerability factors among community members and partners.
Work with social groups to support, monitor, and evaluate on going activities.
Facilitate relationship building and strengthen relationships and partnerships between existing groups in the different communities we are working in.
Ensure that technical specialists researcher and experts in youth resilience and other support staff (finance and procurement) are integrated into the programme effectively.
In liaison with the programme lead in country, re-assess situations and making on-going adjustments to programme plans and management.
Analysis & reporting: provide regular updates on project progress against a range of criteria, as required by the client and in accordance with agreed British Council reporting protocols.
Identify opportunities for improvements to procedures and ways of working, based upon issues and situations experienced on the project.
Work closely with the Programme lead in country, the Communications consultant and the Research, Monitoring and Evaluation consultant to ensure that: British Council brand standards are upheld, effective marketing and communications plans are created and implemented, and that impact/ Key Performance Indicators are measured throughout.
Use and clear understanding of computer system based tools (including SAP) for reporting and management information extraction.
Financial and resource management
- Follow up on budgets for the work with the associations component and actively manage finances in line with British Council standards and processes.
Identify and control project risks: adhere to BC Project Management methodologies and defined qualitative standards while delivering the project, to ensure quality and effective risk management are maintained at all times.
Ensure effective financial management and procedure follow up by CSOs.
- Represent the British Council externally to enhance its reputation as a credible authority in problem-driven, iterative and adaptive programming that builds resilience around issues and to promote intercultural understanding and new collaborative opportunities.
Relationship & stakeholder management
- Develop trust-based relationships with a range of key practitioners, partners, organisations and stakeholders to achieve SRII objectives.
- Coordinate country internal and external communications - appropriate liaison and engagement with key project stakeholders and partners mainly at the regional level, beneficiary institutions and non-state actors
- The Regional Coordinator will report to the Programme lead in Moroccoand will be accountable to British Council. He/ she will be based in Tangier for the duration of the project. The role will require regular travel within Tangier Tetouan El houceima region and less frequently to Rabat or other regions.
Qualifications and experience required
- Master degree in a relevant subject or Bachelor/licence level with significant experience;
- Working experience in Project Management/International Development/Conflict Management,
- Professional experience with international donor funded projects,
Experience of working with state and civil society institutions in Morocco.
Significant knowledge of Tangier Tétouan El Hoceima contexts and actors,
- Analytic, strategic and problem solving skills
Communication and influencing skills
Ability to deliver high level results in a fast-paced environment
Team work and knowledge sharing.
- Report writing skills (narrative and financial reports, action plans, terms of references) in French
- Managing partnerships
Risk management/Do no harm
Use of Microsoft Office tools
Professional use of French and English languages (minimum level : C1/B2 CEFR)
Written and spoken Arabic
Managing projects and events.
- Head of Programmes, Morocco
SRII Programme Lead and SRII team
British Council Morocco colleagues
MENA regional teams
Government and civil society stakeholders
Regional and country project delivery partners
How to apply
If you would like to apply, please send your CV (Must be in English) tailored to the above requirements to SRII.Morocco@britishcouncil.org with the title Regional Coordinator
Please note that interviews will be conducted in English.
If you have any queries please forward these to: SRII.Morocco@britishcouncil.org
We can only respond to shortlisted applicants.